[YaesuSystemFusion] Constant WiRES-X Node Lockups [FIX]

This issue has been happening since the v1.10 WiRES-X software release; however, it has become increasing worse, even with the latest v1.11 release.

Today alone the node has locked up a 1/2 dozen times or so, while using the FTM-400DR as a link radio pointed at the repeater and connected to the "AMERICA-LINK" room.  We've now turned it off...

The lockup holds the FTM-400DR in constant transmit with no audio, no call sign data, and the hardware time out timer isn't shutting down the radio either, which keeps this hung transmitter open well past the allowed 3 minutes per FCC rules.  This morning, the transmitter was hung open for 1 hour the first time, 45 minutes the second time, and so on...  The radio, even-though it's only 5-watts is getting hot and I fear the finals will surely be burned up as these radios are not designed for this kind of work; even with that stupid fan accessories Yaesu want's to sell us.

Yaesu, if you are "TRULY" listening, we know this issue has been reported on numerous occasions, we even emailed you directly with the details you requested.  This issue MUST be fixed A.S.A.P.  If it's not going to be fixed in the next few weeks, then I fear this is the end of Yaesu System Fusion for us, as we are NOT going to continue pumping money into Yaesu test bed.

Respectfully, we request an immediate resolution to the hung transmitter issue, at the very least, a watchdog timer should be making sure the radio isn't hung in TX past the allowed 3 minutes
per FCC rules.

In the meantime, we are TERMINATING all aspects of WiRES-X in favor of the DV4mini, which by the way works and has NEVER locked up the repeater.  We will not return to the WiRES-X platform until such time as Yaesu has a proven solution for this issue.

In addition, as a result of several issues, we are evaluating whether we plan to continue with the Yaesu System Fusion platform period moving forward.

If you are really concerned about the success of the System Fusion platform, Yaesu will address this issue without delay; not two years after the fact, as seems to be the normal course of events for Yaesu.  Yes, we are frustrated and basically pissed off at this point.  We've never had these types of failures with Project-25, D-Star, NXDN, or DMR.  There is NO EXCUSE for a hung transmitter, PERIOD; it is Yaesu poor engineering of the serial connection which has caused this issue and is putting each licensee on the hook for a potential rules violation; that is unacceptable...

Venting over, fix the dam lock-up issue NOW!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/16/2016

    Same here. At least 6 or more times daily.. very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/16/2016

    And us, WA7DRE in Spokane Washington are experiencing the same thing, however we have the HRI-200 hooked up directly to the repeater.

    DR1-X Firmware 1.00Z
    HRI-200

    Constant lockups and having to reset the repeater as it gets "hung" in analog TX (even though the repeater is set for DN/DN ONLY).


    I finally disconnected our internet at the repeater site. It's not worth having the HRI-200 on the internet when it's doing nothing but creating problems with having one of us go to the site to flip the power.

    I have ordered the FTM400, and will use it in opposite pair of the repeater (input to output and vice versa). Maybe it will cause the FTM400 to lock up all the time, but at least we won't have to go to the repeater site???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/16/2016

    I experienced my first lockup (strangely a day after posting here that I didn’t have any lockups) at one of my sites. I switched to the input frequency and I could see that there was a carrier there from the node radio, but no modulation in DN. My node is set to digital only with the HRI200 connected. I then switched to FM on my portable, and there was the carrier+tone on the input. I run TSQ on my portable, so it thought it was strange that stuck transmitter was encoding PL and even stranger that my FTM-400 was transmitting in FM, but it is set to DN mode only.



    I logged into the console for my wires-x machine, I could see it was not transmitting through wires-x, but the ON-AIR box was green. I thought about it for a little bit and left it alone. I went through the settings and came across the CALL SETTINGS and the DTMF #55555 was checked. Here is the strange part, once I unchecked the DTMF box, the carrier dropped and the node radio started keying up in digital again waiting to connect the room. It reconnected to the room and it was nothing happened.

    This was the only setting I changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/16/2016

    I have stayed out of the fray because I didn't what to add to the "noise" but I have also reached my limit of tolerance regarding the "lock up" situation. I have lost count of the number of times my FT-100DR has locked up while in WiRES-X mode. It happened again today while I was away from home and stayed in transmit for over 2 hours. I was connected to America Link. As has been stated many times, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

    I have updated all firmware/software in the system:

    LIVA Mini-computer running Win10
    HRI-200 (ver A 1.01 2015.01.22)
    WiRES-X software (ver 1.1.1.0)
    FTM-100DR (Main 1.1; Panel 1.2; DSP 4.10)

    This has only happened since I updated the firmware/software. Last week I put my "node" on our repeater, and it locked up at least 5 times during the test period of two days. I assumed that it was the repeater lock up problem that has been going on for some time. Fortunately, I do have remote access to the repeater so I was able to cycle the power and reset it from home. Now, that it is happening on my personal node, it is more than that.

    Chris, you must express our concern over this to the "engineers." Yaesu is going to suffer a loss of interest as the word spreads that WiRES-X is not living up to the hype. What can I tell the membership when they witness the problems on the repeater. This is an urgent matter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/16/2016

    Have you tried downgrading your Wires-X software to version 1.0.6.0?

    I did because all was working best with that version. And it does again ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I installed my setup of FTM-100DE, the HRI-200 and the latest Wires-X software this weekend. The " node " has locked up repeatedly. I note all the remarks here are from much earlier this year and wonder , if there is now a solution to this problem ?

    Regards,

    Dave :- GW0PNI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/08/2016

    I am experiencing this problem just as described on my FTM-400dr node. Happens especially in America-Link when an analog repeater in the room transmits. I've reported it to Yaesu support, but as of yet have received no resolution. Has anyone managed to resolve this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting - I have been running an FTM-400DR as a Wires-X link radio to our local repeater since the firmware was released in late 2015. I've never had a lock-up (knock on wood). I usually don't keep it on America Link for hours on end, though. If I connect to another node/room, I usually monitor for a while or make a QSO and then disconnect. I do often connect to MNWIS room on Monday night for their net that usually last two hours with over 100 check-ins, including DV4Minis, with no issues. It would be interesting to know what percentage of Wires-X nodes are still having issues.

    ReplyDelete

Yaesu System Fusion (groups.io) Discussion
https://groups.io/g/YaesuSystemFusion
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.